This is my list of 50 things to do when you’re bored! I hope you find this extremely helpful, and feel free to experiment with other things! This list isn’t composed of random activities, they can be completely productive! ( Haha, I wish).
20 things to do when you’re bored
- Go on Pinterest and attempt DIY projects! If you’re interested in artistic crafting, try a DIY project! They’re extremely entertaining to make, and require little material! They’re quick, easy, and fun. I recommend Pinterest for y’all, because they are loaded with a burden of ideas from other creative geniuses! There are also other categories in which Pinterest users are also passionate about, like architecture, gardening, photography, and etc! Try it out!
- Compose a song! For all of you music prodigies out there, this one’s for you! Music is proven to relax and lift one’s spirit, so why not? You can compose a cute, mini song for fun, or you can unknowingly kick start the industry’s next pop hit! Start off with a few catchy chords and you’re already on your way! Make sure the beat is vibrant!
- Meet up with a friend! Call up a friend and tell them you’re bored! You can cycle by the sea or hike the mountains, physical activity will help with your boredom! You can also attend local attractions such as the zoo, the aquarium, or even Disneyland! It’s important to get your daily dose of exercise, and it’s never better without company!
- Create or try a new recipe! Try creating your own individualistic recipe! You can fabricate a combination of your favourite foods and voilà! You’ll be recreating it for weeks! Or, if you’re not as innovative, search up a recipe online and experiment! My favourite foods to cook are chicken fajitas, pork dumplings, pizza, tacos, and salads! ( I love baking too) Here is my favourite recipe site, the star ratings are usually very accurate, and the trust bond is strong between us! Here’s the link: “allrecipes”
- Look for a TV show! I’m currently in the phase of television shows, and I’m completely obsessed. Shocking expositions, enchanting love stories, unexpected cliff hangers- just all of it! You’ll be hooked and finished a whole season in one day! So far, my favourites are: Game of thrones, The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf, Pretty Little liars, Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, Greys Anatomy , Once Upon a time…. Oh just all of it! If you’re not into television shows, a movie marathon works just as well! I’ve just started watching marvel movies, and I think I’m officially in love with super heroes. From Captain America, to Iron Man, to Thor, and better, all of them together; The Avengers! Netflix is a great network to visit and watch your favourites!
- Give yourself a pamper day! Treat yourself to a gourmet meal, a ravishing bath, and a great read! After a long, tiring day, a nice, soothing bath is what you’ll need to refresh yourself. Face masks, bath bombs, and some classical music will be your fix! Lush provides a diverse selection of the best bath bombs with the best fragrance! Check them out here: Lush. But my favourite aspect of them isn’t because of their bath bombs; It’s because of their willingness to give aid to animals that are in harm. That’s super sweet, Lush!
- Clean your room! There’s nothing wrong with cleaning your room! Organize your clothes and put them back in your closet! Clean your desk, and place your pens and pencils in an orderly fashion. Or maybe you can pull out your drawers and have a nice clean! You’ll never know what you’ll find in there, perhaps a couple of sticky notes, a long-forgotten diary, an old, dirty, cloth….never mind. But it sure will give you a sense of freshness!
- Learn a new language! We communicate by utilizing our capability of speaking dialogue. The more you know, the more you can understand of this world! Why not try to learn a new language? It’s a struggle, with grammar and pronunciation, but it will be worth it in the long run.
- Find out more about your passions! Do you have a hobby or an interest? You should invest your free time into whatever you’re passionate about. For me, my passion has always belonged to law. How about yours? Use Google and other programs as a tool, they’ll greatly benefit your research. You might even find new, fresh interests that you never even knew you could have!
- Start a blog! It’s funny how I’m advising you to start a blog, through a blog. We all know how strong and influential social media can be. If you have good intentions of spreading valuable ideas and rare creativity, blogging is the way to go! Other platforms such as YouTube, instagram, and twitter are also, great options. I personally find blogging exceptionally fantastic; there are so many ways to express your thoughts! Through content, through videos, and through pictures.
- Ask your siblings for their time! I know that not all of us have siblings, but for the fortunates ones who do, ask them for their time! Everything is better when you have company, especially with the ones you love. Enjoy a movie, play family games…there are endless options for you and your sibling! I am fortunate enough to have a brother, and as much as I want to yell at him sometimes, I remind myself daily of how vibrant and valuable he is to me. So if you do have a sibling…don’t take them for granted!
- Look for ways to earn money! Money cannot buy happiness… But it can buy you donuts! Money is a tricky situation when it comes to the 21st century. I’ve tried explaining to my parents how bloggers and YouTubers receive money through content-rich videos and text, but they still strongly oppose to those ideas. Typically, they want me to have a stable job, such as a doctor, lawyer, or an accountant. But what they don’t comprehend is, the fact that our world is changing. Diversity, is encouraged. Creativity, is treasured. Maybe, that’s why our superiors are so secretive and demanding with rules…Anyway, in the world today, you can earn money by selling crafts on the internet, proofreading content, creating your own phone app- there are endless opportunities!
- Take pictures! Whether a Canon EOS C300 or an Iphone, you can experiment with your lenses. Beautiful photography calms the mind and fabricates another world with a simple image. Take pictures of your favourite objects, people, and places! Place them in a folder to create a memory book of your life, AND your brilliant camera skills!
- Write letters to your relatives! I know that handwritten letters basically don’t exist any more. Maybe an email would be a better idea. Type up (or write) a genuine, heart-felt letter and your family relatives will thank you with a radiating smile on their face. Feel free to include pictures, and send as many wishes as you can.
- Go grocery shopping! I don’t know if this is just me, but strolling down the supermarket with a trolley always puts me in a relaxed and healing mood. The appealing colours of the rainbow, all lined up in an orderly fashion…It just makes me want to squeal like a little child! I know that grocery shopping can be consuming financial wise, so don’t go on an empty stomach, or you will eventually end up with cocoa flavoured marshmallows!
- Try yoga at home! Yoga is beneficial in two ways: It calms the mind, and it also calms your heart! Balance and controlling your breathing can bring wisdom to your body. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover! It may seem easy, but it’s challenging on so many levels! First of all, purchase or use a yoga mat to ensure safety and comfort. Then, go on the internet to search up different poses! Youtube is also a great platform for interactive free yoga lessons.
- Read a book! This may be a tiny bit tricky, because based on my personal experience, a good book can be hard to find. Without a good book, you will not be interested enough to continue through with it. Arrive at the library with a determining factor as to what you what to read, or go to the site of your local library! Technological advances allow us to skim through books online. Right now, I’m reading “Bleak House” by Charles Dickens, and I have not been able to put it down.
- Have a picnic at the park! Pack some amazing sandwiches, a couple tubs of fruits, a smoothie, and you’re on your way to the park! Bring a book, sunscreen, and a towel to sit and relax! Sounds an Sights provided by nature is scientifically proven to calm and relax the mind. With food, you’d feel amazing!
- Experiment with different hairstyles! This one is for those with long hair! Try out different hairstyles that compliment your features! I have a lot of fun with this one, because there are SO many to try! Learn a fishtail, or try to curl your hair with a straightener!
- Volunteer! Do some good in your community! Help out your society by volunteering in places where they need your help! You’ll meet more people, and it’ll contribute to your studies!
Sorry, no quote today guys! But I’d really appreciate it if you take time off to vote for TEAM MICHELLE 2 on this website – it’s a competition with prize money. We’ve worked very hard on it, and I hope that you guys will be able to contribute.